Product InformationPLTMax® Human Platelet Lysate is a non-xenogeneic, animal serum-free product derived from human platelets. PLTMax® Human Platelet Lysate is a growth factor rich supplement that is a superior alternative to fetal bovine serum (FBS) for human mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) culture and other primary cells. PLTMax® is used as a manufacturing component in the generation of adult stems cells in clinical trials in North America, Europe, South America, Middle East, Asia and Australia (Phase I to Phase III) in indications including neurology, nephrology, gastrointestinal disease, wound repair and cardiology.
- Manufactured to reduce lot-to-lot variation
- Reduced supplementation (PLTMax® is used at half the concentration of FBS)
- Contains more than 100 growth factors and proteins
- Enhances genetic stability in stem cell cultures
PLTMax® is manufactured by Mill Creek Life Sciences. Product is distributed by Biological Industries USA.
|Legal||PLTMax® is a trademark of Mill Creek Life Sciences, LLC. Product is manufactured by Mill Creek Life Sciences based in Rochester, MN, USA. Product is distributed by Biological Industries USA.|
- Mader, Emily K et al. “Optimizing Patient Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells as Virus Carriers for a Phase I Clinical Trial in Ovarian Cancer.” Journal of Translational Medicine 11 (2013): 20. PMC. Web. 28 Feb. 2017.
- Bao, Ji et al. “Serum-Free Medium and Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Enhance Functionality and Stabilize Integrity of Rat Hepatocyte Spheroids.” Cell transplantation 22.2 (2013): 299–308. PMC. Web. 28 Feb. 2017.
- Crespo-Diaz, Ruben et al. “Platelet Lysate Consisting of a Natural Repair Proteome Supports Human Mesenchymal Stem Cell Proliferation and Chromosomal Stability.” Cell Transplantation, Volume 20, Number 6, 2011, pp. 797-811(15).