The EZ-PCR™ Mycoplasma Test Kit is a highly-sensitive and specific PCR-based assay designed to detect a broad range of mycoplasma species in cell cultures and other biological materials. This kit contains an optimized, complete PCR mix, including a variety of mycoplasma-specific primers, dNTP mix, and Taq polymerase. With the EZ-PCR™ Mycoplasma Test Kit’s simple protocol and ready-to-use format, samples can be prepared and run in about 10 minutes, with accurate results seen in only a few hours.
Routine mycoplasma testing should be carried out minimally every 3 to 6 months, as well as prior to the incorporation of new cultures from outside sources.
- Detects a variety of mycoplasma species: M. fermentans, M. hyorhinis, M. arginini, M. orale, M. salivarium, M. hominis, M. pulmonis, M. arthritidis, M. bovis, M. pneumoniae, M. pirum and M. capricolum, and Acholeplasma and Spiroplasma species, with high sensitivity and specificity.
- Does not interfere with media components.
- Samples are easy to prepare
- Fast, reproducible, and reliable results
- No need for internal control application steps
- No loading dye needed for the agarose gel
Kit ComponentsReaction mix: 200 µL
Buffer solution: 1 mL
Positive template control : 20 µL
|Shipping Conditions||Dry Ice|
- Epsztejn, et al. H-Ferritin Subunit Overexpression in Erythroid Cells Reduces the Oxidative Stress Response and Induces Multidrug Resistance Properties. Blood 94 (10): 3593-3603 (1999)
- Gazit, et al. Recognition of Mycoplasma hyorhinis by CD99-Fc molecule. European Journal of Immunology, 34 (7): 2032-2040 (2004)
- Johansson, et al. Platelet Lysate: a Replacement for Fetal Bovine Serum in Animal Cell Culture, Cytotechnology 42 (2): 67-74 (2003)
Materials Safety Data Sheet
Manuals and Protocols
- EZ-PCR Mycoplasma Test Kit Instructions for Use
- EZ-PCR Mycoplasma Test Kit Product Information Sheet
- Tech Tips: Mycoplasma - Effective Detection and Treatment