Current Job Openings
Inside Sales and Customer Support Representative – Cromwell, CT, USA
BI-USA is a privately-owned biotechnology company located in Cromwell, CT that empowers leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, ancillary reagents and custom media services. We create specialty media products and deliver to more than 50 countries via our regional offices in the US, Europe, Israel and China plus our many distribution partners located all over the world. Driven by our love of science and our passion for stem cell research, BI-USA is a small but rapidly growing team. We are backed with over 35 years of experience in cell culture media manufacturing and academic and industry experience in stem cell research.
We currently have an opening for an Inside Sales and Customer Support Representative based in Cromwell, CT. The main responsibilities as the Inside Sales and Customer Support Representative is to find, develop, support and grow new accounts in the stem cell and cell culture product sectors. Secondary responsibilities include growing existing revenue streams, supporting Field Application Scientists, Account Managers, Marketing and assisting with administrative tasks.
Other responsibilities include processing customer orders from PO receipt through delivery, managing and monitoring critical order fulfillment details such as pricing, payment requirements, lead times, stock availability, delivery, etc. This position will work day-to-day with our Account Managers and report with a dotted line to our General Manager.
• Develops a strong understanding of BI-USA’s products and technology.
• Establishes and executes on strategies for obtaining new customers and maintains/grows existing customer accounts in order to meet and exceed revenue goals.
• Makes outbound contact to existing and prospective customers to identify sales opportunities.
• Takes an analytical approach towards executing optimal solutions for an issue or opportunity.
• Works effectively in a team environment to drive and create revenue opportunities.
• Answers phones, engages with potential new customers through cold calls and emails.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers through sound scientific expertise and business acumen.
• Coordinating regional tradeshow events, seminars, and other marketing tasks as required.
• Create and maintain detailed sales reporting tools, call volume tracking and other tasks.
Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
• Hands on experience in an academic or biotech laboratory setting, cell culture experience a plus.
• Familiarity with a variety of sales concepts, customer service, practices, and procedures is an asset.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Highly motivated and capable of working effectively as part of a dynamic team.
• Desire to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow to meet customer needs.
• Proficient with electronic order entry systems, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• SalesForce, CRM experience.
Qualified candidates can send cover letter and resumé/CV to resume to: info‐email@example.com.